Outdoor lighting is not merely leisure to your home, aside from it being a decoration, it also gives the home security. It is one of the most effective and proven home security systems that homes are using and trusting over the years. Lighting outside the house is functional, giving security, instantly uplifts home exteriors, and serves as a light to the nearby street. Intruders avoid houses with outdoor lighting as the chance of getting caught is high compared to a house which doesn’t have an outdoor light. Some people think of installing too many lights at their outdoor to increase the protection. However, you don’t have to fill up all the spaces and corners of your outdoors to feel secure. Fortunately, there is an exterior home lighting service which can help you assess and determine the areas where to put the security lights at our home. In this article, we will help you understand better about home security lighting and see its importance to the community or real estate you belong.
Places Where to Put Outdoor Lights to Boost Protection for Your Family
1. Driveway– If you have a vehicle or a garage, put some outdoor lighting in the driveway to avoid accidents and to have a clear insight of the place. It also promotes security on your vehicle or anything expensive that is in the garage.
- Entryway– put the motion sensor on doors and windows so if there is a nearby movement, there will be sudden lighting. This way, you will be alert and be conscious of what is happening outside even you are inside your home.
- Pathway– since the path is one of the most useful areas outside your home, install some floor lightings or led lighting in the way. It will be functional, and in the same way, will provide protection when someone is walking down the path, you can easily see who it is.
- Backyard– the back of your home is one of the most common targets of entry of the culprit. It is easier to penetrate especially when there is no outdoor lighting there. You can fool the culprit and install a lot of sensor detector lightings there.
- Corners– you can put some led illumination at the edges of the house, it uplifts the appearance of your home and at the same time provides shadowing so if someone is sneaking in, it is easier to determine and catch the thieves.
- Trees– since trees and bushes are great hideouts, if there are no lights there then it is easier for culprits to hide there for a moment of time while observing the habits at your home to add some lighting at your home but do not overdo it. Avoid over illuminating your house or it will give an obvious clue to the culprits that you might be hiding some essential or expensive treasure inside your home. Aside from that, it is not beneficial to health.
There are many types of outdoor lighting you can choose from, depending on the areas, you can choose which is suitable. Most homeowners prefer motion sensor and led light due to its efficiency and being cost-effective.